Monday, May 19, 2008

Sonrisa Modern Mex


After working late on Friday, packing up my office, getting ready for my office move in a few weeks, we decided to head over to U-Village with a coworker. Beep came and played personal secretary for me and helped me get my office organized. At U-Village, we could not decide between Atlas or something else. We came across Sonrisa Modern Mex. It is fairly new. We didn't know about it and we shop at U-Village QUITE A BIT! The food was good, through they went WAY overboard with presentation of the actual food. Beep's dinner basically came on a giant white porcelain surf board. The server couldn't even figure out how to get it to her seat situated at the back of the booth. My head about got taken off. The Mexican egg rolls with garlic-plum dipping sauce was good. I had fajitas with carnitas skirt steak, chicken and prawns. We all learned from our server that cilantro is yuckers and he referred to it as "The Devil's Weed!" We all laughed! Cilantro can be very overbearing. I'd try this restaurant again. I did think it was fairly pricey. However, most times when I eat Mexican food I feel like I have a brick in my gut. This at least was on the healthy side and I walked away full and satisfied, without feeling like I had a ton of carbs, re-fried beans and rice, in my gut.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Pretty good place. Mexican isn't my favorite, but I liked my dish.