Monday, October 6, 2008
Not So Green
I'm the proud new owner of a monthly parking pass down in South Lake Union for work. I decided to take my division executive up on her offer for a monthly parking pass & stall. My building already has a wait list, but she held on to two stalls for "unforseen issues and growth." Apparently, there has been some behind my back gambling on how long I'd last taking public transportation. The bets were that I'd last 30 days tops. A colleague in my office won $30.00 since she stated I'd last for one quarter and have a "Dan Meltdown." I guess my colleagues know me all to well since they spend over 8 hours a day with me. She was right, I lasted three months and 3 days on public transportation and am VERY MUCH looking forward to the convenience of the car and driving into work again. Holly will also benefit from this, as we'll be commuting in together and she'll also get to fore go taking the bus to/from work. I guess we will have to minimize our carbon footprint by some other means. I am completely fine with being high maintenance.
Posted by
Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'll miss my time on the bus to read. And I'll miss the new and improved less-stressed-out-road-rageless husband. But, it didn't make sense financially to pay for my bus pass, plus dan's bus pass and then also pay to drive in once a week for the Temple. Maybe things will change when we're released from our temple calling...do people get released from such a calling?
Even if we ever get released, the convenience of car travel far outweighs bus travel in my book. You'll just get to drive in in the morning and spell me out from road rage.
You had to pay for your bus pass? Wow. Even my office pays for most of mine.
Enjoy your car time and parking spot. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy waiting on the side of Lake City Way in the rain, cold, wind, snow, and dark.
I am so not missing the smells of body odor, urine, alcohol and fecal matter. Not to mention the heat blasting so hard and my glasses fogging up as soon as I step on the bus.
Dan's was only $20 but I had to pay for mine full price. Nothing is free in my office except for booze and gum. Good thing I like gum.
Post a Comment