Monday, October 27, 2008

Cookie Progress

I've finished hand beading my four cookie monster faces for our Christmas tree skirt. I've also finished hand beading the inner and outer rings of the tree skirt portion. I now need to stitch and affix the faces to the tree skirt. In between each face, will be three circles that are beaded in silver and red. I wanted to do circles to be a graphic representation of Christmas tree ornaments. I started on those twelve circles this past week. Four each of three sizes. I'm hoping to have this wrapped up by December, we'll see.


Four beaded Cookie Monster faces. Each one, about 40+ hours or work.




Close up of the beading. The mini lights on the Christmas Tree will really make these sparkle.


Layout on the beaded skirt. The beading on the skirt took hours as well. The outer perimeter has two rings. A larger ring of large red beads and sequins. The inner ring has smaller red sequins with silver beading.




Starting to affix the faces permanently to the actual tree skirt.

As Cookie Monster would say himself..."Me Likes Christmas...!"

5 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Wow! That looks like a TON of work. I'm impressed with how much you've done -- it looks like it's getting close.

Kelly said...

That is amazing. It's hard to stick to something tedious like that. I'm impressed. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Holly said...

Looking good honey!

32 Flavors said...

That has to be the most impressive tree skirt I have ever seen. Your patience must be incredible. I wouldn't have lasted through one cookie monster much less the whole skirt too. Awesome job!

Megan said...

That is so impressive! I too am excited to see the finished skirt.