This past weekend felt like the day after Thanksgiving, with all the holiday sales. I know retailers are kicking into high gear earlier this season to make up for the anticipated shortfall in consumer spending. But good grief! We were at Macy's on Saturday running some errands and all the holiday decor is up and they are putting lights on all the Christmas Trees. Or at least the unhelpful sales associates were putting up decor. The mall parking lot was even a complete zoo and I could feel my blood pressure rising. I'm a little perplexed that the busy shopping season is here already.
Of course, Holly and I fell to the retail marketing temptation and we too hit the sales and did some holiday shopping ourselves. We purchased some ornaments for our Christmas trees and a few others things. I even came home on Saturday night and made three batches of fondant for home made chocolates and other Christmas Candy. Why can't the mall close for just the two of us, so we don't have to be bothered by all the other people? I'm sure most of my holiday shopping will be done online, in my own comfort, and shipped directly to the destinations at hand. I guess I'll start telling people Merry Christmas this week.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment