Monday, July 11, 2011

Surprise Weekend Getaway!

Two Friday's ago I got a cryptic email from Dan that said: "Be sure to pack your bags, we are going away somewhere fun Saturday afternoon, night and Sunday" I jumped in my seat for joy, I may have even given a little squeal! Of course I quickly replied wondering where we were going, only with a little prodding did he finally tell me we were headed to La Conner.

Of course we'd been there before for the tulip festival and other occasions, but never had we spent the night. We stayed in a fun little Bed & Breakfast with a quaint garden and views of farm fields. We spent the afternoon roaming around the town in and out of shops, eating ice cream, discovering little hidden nooks and soaking up the beautiful day.










Next time we thought we'd stay here... :)



Dan made me take a picture of this.



We went back to our room with our purchases (Dan and his cookbooks!!) and hung out for a bit until dinner time.



We ate at a great place called Nell Thorn. I had an amazing steak and homemade fries with a WONDERFULLY fresh green salad with pumpkin seed oil dressing. So yummy. Dan had crab cakes (he raved and raved over them) and a steak salad. For dessert we had a small hazelnut brownie with homemade vanilla ice cream. We were pleasantly full and ready to turn in after a fun day.

Thank you so much honey for the thoughtful getaway! Life is so much fun spending it together.

1 comment:

Mike & Lila Family said...

awe shucks you two... :) I'm inspired. Holly, you look amazing! :) i'm so glad you both made time for a fun trip and had a great time. :)