Friday, June 5, 2009

Good Reads

I know I've asked before, but I'm looking for more book ideas. Summer has come and I'm determined to spend more of it at the beach or on my patio reading a good book. I just heard from one of my co-workers that "The Book Thief" is a good one. I read the review, yes it's another young adult book, but it looks kind of good so I think I'll pick it up. Anyone else have any good suggestions? I'd love to hear what you are reading currently, what you love and why.

7 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

What types of books do you like to read? I have several great ones that I'd be happy to loan you.

Holly said...

Well, I prefer fiction, but anything with a good compelling story will do.

Books I've liked are:
West with the Night
Lovely Bones
Harry Potter Series
Inheritance Series
Elm Creek Quilt Series
Bel Canto
The Life of Pi
Girl With a Pearl Earring

I guess for summer reading I'd prefer something lighter, less dark and depressing. Maybe even some humor as long as it's clean :)

PablaS. said...

Have you read "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle"? I was incomplete awe of this book. Also, have you read the "Pretties" series? they are good but they are young adult....

PablaS. said...

Edit... sorry its not the pretty series, its the uglies series.
**in-complete** sorry

Lila said...

this is really for juvies but i'm LOVING this 'fantasy' series! "Fablehaven" by Brandon Mull. He was in my stake in california growing up where i am only aquainted with him but i was excited and proud for him when i realized he wrote this book series. he currently finished book 4 and there will be one more. also, there is apparently a movie deal so you have that reward after you read the books. i know i'm typing a lot but the reason i like the story is because it's actually interesting with out sacrificing morality. (i'm not the morality police but it's refreshing). I hope you read it sometime. p.s. he also writes a series called 'The Candy Shop War" for an even younger crowd. i haven't read it yet but will eventually. happy reading no matter what you choose!

PJMcD said...

I know a GREAT book that's funny, sharp and poetic and a total easy read. I bet you could finish it in a day. It's written by a doctor. It's called"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish".That book changed my life, I know it will change yours.

Holly said...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!